The Board of Governors of St Columb’s College invites applications to the following posts:
Full-time Permanent Teaching Post(s)
Post 1 - Teacher of Business. Click here for Application Pack
Post 2 - Teacher of French and/or Spanish.
Post 3 - Teacher of Home Economics. Click here for Application Pack
Full-time Temporary Post(s) Maternity Cover
Post 4 - Teacher of Religious Education – Required for February 2020. Click here for Application Pack
Post 5 - Teacher of Home Economics – Required for May 2020. Click here for Application Pack
- Qualified Teacher, registered with the GTCNI and recognised by the Department of Education to teach at second level;
- Honours Degree (minimum 2:2) or equivalent in the required subject(s) or Bachelor of Education Degree with the required subject(s) as the main component.
Preference may be given to applicants who:
- Have a higher classification of degree (or equivalent qualification) in the required subject(s);
- Have a minimum of one year’s teaching experience in the delivery of the subject(s) at Key Stage 3/GCSE-level;
- Have a minimum of one year’s teaching experience in the delivery of the subject(s) at A-level;
- Are able to teach another subject of the school’s curriculum;
- Have competence in the use of ICT in the teaching of the subject(s).
The Board of Governors seek to appoint teachers who are able and willing to contribute to the Catholic ethos of the College and who will enrich the experiences of the pupils through participation in extra-curricular activities.
To all applicants:
The Selection Panel reserves the right to enhance criteria to facilitate a manageable shortlist.
Shortlisted applications will be held on file for similar vacancies which may arise within the next 12 months. Canvassing either directly or indirectly will disqualify applicants. In line with our Child Protection Procedures, successful candidates are required to apply for and pay £33 to Access NI for an Enhanced Disclosure of Criminal Record Certificate.
CVs will not be read or considered.
Application Forms for the above posts are available from the College Office or on-line at www.stcolumbs.com and must be returned to the Bursar by 3.30 p.m. on Tuesday 4th February. Please note that interviews for the Post of Teacher of Religious Education will take place during the week beginning 10th February.
The College is an Equal Opportunities Employer