St Columb’s College iPad Policy
St Columb’s College is committed to innovating with educational technology to enhance communication, teaching and learning within our school community. We embrace the opportunities that iPad technology has presented us with and permit the use of an authorised Apple iPad in a manner consistent with the established teaching and learning objectives of the school. We also recognise and encourage the use of the iPad at home, particularly for educational purposes.
This policy applies to all student users of iPad hardware and software technology in St Columb’s College. It applies to all iPads used by our students, wherever they are physically located - within the school or used in a Partner School. It is intended to compliment the Pupil Acceptable Use of St Columb’s Networks & Mobile Technologies Policy (AUP) and its ESafety Policy. Due to the nature of information and communications technology, this policy will undergo periodic review and, as such, the school reserves the right to amend any sections or wording at any time.
Students are expected to comply with measures set out in this policy. Examples of Infringements and sanctions are laid out in the school’s Pupil Acceptable Use of St Columb’s Networks & Mobile Technologies Policy (AUP) of which this policy is a part (Appendix 4).
The following details define the proper use of the device in school and out of school hours.
Section A – General iPad Terms
a. iPad Ownership
- After full payment the iPad then belongs jointly to the student and the school. (Subject to the following points):
- The school retains ownership of all Apps.
- The school owns the right to manage all iPad devices.
- The school will provide all required components to ensure the iPad operates effectively in the classroom (including Wi-Fi access) but maintain the right to filter internet content selectively and manage the use and connection of the iPad to the school network in line with the school’s eSafety policy.
- If a student is using a personal iPad for school purposes, then this device will be subject to the same management conditions as those purchased through the school.
An iPad MUST be insured separately by the pupil/parents through a specific individual policy or as an addition to a home insurance policy with cover for accidental damage and theft. If misused, use of the iPad may be revoked if it is proven that a student has maliciously damaged another student’s iPad and a monetary contribution may be sought for its repair from the student
c. Taking Care of iPads
Students are responsible for the general care of the iPad. An iPad not working properly should be taken to IT Support for assessment. The IT team will advise on an appropriate course of action.
d. Using iPads at School
- For those students issued with iPads, the devices are intended for use at school each day. In addition to teacher expectations for iPad use, school messages, announcements, planners, calendars and schedules may be accessed using the iPad. Therefore, students are responsible for bringing their iPad, fully charged, to all classes each day.
- Students who repeatedly fail to bring the iPad to school/or maintain a fully charged battery, will be issued with a negative comment that may lead to a General Detention.
- If students leave their iPad [at home] or have left their iPad in for maintenance, they are responsible for getting any assignments or coursework completed as if they had their iPad present. Spare iPads will not be available to students [who forget to bring their iPad to school] or who fail to charge their iPad.
- At all times, the class teacher’s decision is final regarding use, or non-use of an iPad, collectively or individually.
e. Charging the iPad Battery
iPads must be brought to school each day in a fully charged condition. Students need to charge their iPads each evening. This may take up to three hours to charge the iPad fully.
f. Passwords and AppleIDs
- Students are expected to take reasonable measures to secure access to the iPad by using a passcode. Students are prohibited from removing the passcode from the device or sharing this passcode with anyone else except their parents or as requested by a designated member of staff. Students must not attempt to access other students’ iPads by ‘guessing’ or trial and error passcode attempts.
- Each iPad requires its own AppleID; this will be supplied by the school on provision of the iPad and should be used only on the school iPad. AppleID information should be kept secure to the student. It is the responsibility of the student to recover any lost or forgotten passwords.
- School assigned Apple IDs should not be used on other personal or home Apple devices and are for use only on school iPads.
g. Home Use
- Students are allowed to use their iPads at home for schoolwork and set up wireless networks on their iPads to assist them with homework, coursework etc. It is the responsibility of the Parent(s)/Guardian(s) to monitor and oversee iPad use within the home setting.
- Instructions regarding App Purchases/Apple Accounts are available to Parent(s)/Guardian(s).
- Parent(s)/Guardian(s) should be mindful of personal information stored by students on school provided iPads e.g. credit card/bank details/photographs. St Columb’s College will not accept responsibility for personal data that students store. St Columb’s College adhere to all relevant Data Protection guidelines processing data lawfully and fairly. Any data held will be kept secure and safe within our managed system.
h. Managing Files and Saving Work
It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that work is not lost due to mechanical failure or accidental deletion. iPad malfunctions are not an acceptable excuse for not submitting work. Students will be guided through the creation, maintenance of backups and the use of Cloud accounts on the iPad. Students will be responsible for backing up on a regular basis.
i. Software and Apps
The school will provide software on iPads necessary for school work. Apps provided by the school must not be removed from iPads. From time to time the school may add to or remove applications for use in a particular course. The school’s remote management system monitors all Apps that are added and iPads may be flagged if inappropriate Apps are added.
Students may be selected at random to provide their iPad for inspection to ensure they comply with the iPad Policy as well as the Pupil Acceptable Use of St Columb’s Networks & Mobile Technologies Policy (AUP).
k. Procedure for Reloading Software
If technical difficulties occur, the iPad will be restored to the default factory settings. The school does not accept responsibility for the loss of any software or documents deleted due to a re-format and re-image.
l. Software Updates
Upgraded versions of the operating system and licensed Apps are available from time to time. Students will be expected to download all updates prompted by Apple.
Student iPads will be labelled in the manner specified by the school. iPads can be identified in the following ways:
• Serial Number also known as the mobile device management system ID
• The school’s UIN (Unique Identifier Number)
• The school will enforce the enabling of Location Services on iPads in order to use the ‘Find My iPad’ app. This will be used as a security measure to minimise loss or theft.